IVHS: HOW WILL IT CHANGE SOCIETY?
Now the Interstate System is essentially completed, and our country has built more or less all the highways it is going to build. It is generally agreed that we should not be turning more and more land into highways. Rather, we need to learn how to make better use of the highways we already have. And to accomplish this, we are initiating IVHS, the next major leap forward. It will take at least as long to develop and implement IVHS as it did the interstate highway system, and its impact will be at least as revolutionary.
IVHS America400 Virginia Avenue, SW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20024-2730
- Waller, P F
- Surface Transportation and the Information Age. Proceedings of the IVHS America 1992 Annual Meeting, Volume I
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Date: 1992-5-17 to 1992-5-20
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Innovation; Intelligent transportation systems; Social change; Technology; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Old TRIS Terms: Future concepts; Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General); I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00629290
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1993 12:00AM