TRANSPORTATION POLICY BOOK
The AASHTO 1993 Transportation Policy Book contains all of the existing transportation policies officially adopted by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials through its October, 1992 Annual Meeting, and includes AASHTO's National Transportation Policy, Policy Position Statements on each of the major transportation modes, Policy Resolutions and Joint Committee Resolutions. All of the policy statements contained in this publication have been approved by the AASHTO Board of Directors by a vote of at least a two-thirds majority of its members, which includes one representative from each State, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. AASHTO Policy Resolutions are intended to provide specific guidance to the officers and staff, for addressing transportation issues contained therein on behalf of the Association. They are effective from the time of adoption through the close of the next Annual Meeting of the Association, subject to amendments or other actions taken thereon by the Board of Directors during the year. Any Policy Resolutions which are not reaffirmed at each year's Annual Meeting are considered repealed. The National Transportation Policy and the Policy Position Statements are relatively permanent, but can be amended or deleted by a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors. Their content is reviewed periodically by the appropriate committees of the Association, and on occasion by specially established task forces.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)444 North Capitol Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1993-1
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Highway transportation; Pipeline transportation; Policy; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Transportation policy; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00628978
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 5 1993 12:00AM