BERKELEY WORKSHOP: MULTISTATE/PRIVATE SECTOR CONSORTIUM FOR R, D & D ON ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR THE HIGHWAY, BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA, MARCH 24-25, 1988
Over the past several years a program of research and development on advanced technologies for the automobile/highway system has emerged in California. In 1987 California began an outreach effort to establish a multistate consortium for research, development and demonstration (R,D&D). A two-day workshop on automatic control technologies, hosted by the Federal Highway Administration at the Turner Fairbanks Research Center on November 12-13, 1987, addressed a number of technical issues related to the exploitation of advanced control technologies for relief of congestion. At that time the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS) of the University of California at Berkeley, offered to sponsor a follow-on workshop in California to address some of the institutional and organizational issues involved in a national consortium. The results of the Berkeley Workshop are summarized in this report. The Workshop was organized in alternating plenary sessions and discussion groups. Four groups were set up to examine the following topics: (1) Institutional Concepts; (2) Funding; (3) Public-Private Sector Relationship; and (4) R&D and Technical Issues.
California Department of TransportationDivision of Transportation Planning, 1130 K Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95807
- Publication Date: 1988
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Demonstration projects; Development; Finance; Financing; Governments; Institutional issues; Private enterprise; Research; Socioeconomic development; Technological innovations; Traffic congestion; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reduction (Decrease); Research and development; Technical issues
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Demonstration
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00628840
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 16 1993 12:00AM