DSHS/WSDOT TRANSPORTATION BROKERAGE PROJECT. FINAL REPORT
The purpose of the project was: (1) To provide a single point of contact for social and health service programs and transportation providers regarding issues of common interest; (2) To develop a scheme for tracking costs of providing transportation services to specific social and health service programs; (3) To test the concept of 'brokering' transportation services for social and health service programs to a variety of transportation providers, including the private sector; and (4) To identify and resolve state, federal, and other barriers to providing transportation services to a mix of clients of social and health service programs. The project and this report were structured around the brokerage demonstration in the context of these four objectives.
Washington State Department of TransportationTransportation Building, 310 Maple Park Avenue SE, P.O. Box 47300
Olympia, WA United States 98504-7300
- Publication Date: 1992-7
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Brokerage; Demonstration projects; Health care services; Intelligent transportation systems; Private enterprise; Social service agencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Fta section 3
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00627885
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTA-WA-03-4503-92-1
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1993 12:00AM