MAINTENANCE QUALITY STANDARDS & GUIDELINES FOR FREEWAY TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Freeway Traffic Management Systems (FTMSs) are systems for monitoring and aiding traffic flow on congested areas of roadways and are composed of many subsystems. This manual contains maintenance quality standards and guidelines for the maintenance of FTMS subsystems. Chapter 1 describes the general requirements for the routine inspection, servicing, set up, testing and emergency procedures for the various subsystems. Chapter 2 covers maintenance of the Field Provisions Subsystems. Chapter 3 covers maintenance of the Vehicle Detection Subsystems. Chapter 4 covers maintenance of the Communications Subsystems. Chapter 5 covers maintenance of the Closed Circuit Television Subsystems. Chapter 6 covers maintenance of the Ramp Metering Subsystems. Chapter 7 covers maintenance of the Changeable Message Sign Subsystems. Chapter 8, the final chapter, covers maintenance of the Auxiliary Signs Subsystems.
Ontario Ministry of TransportationTraffic Management and Engineering Office, 1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario Canada M3M 1J8
- Publication Date: 1992-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Freeway management systems; Guidelines; Maintenance; Standards; Subsystems
- Old TRIS Terms: Maintenance standards
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00627105
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 17 1993 12:00AM