ASPHALT PAVING DESIGN GUIDE
The purpose of this Design Guide is to present materials that provide a basic knowledge of asphalt pavement design without being too technical. Understanding some of the basic properties of asphalt and aggregates is essential when relating pavement designs to specific conditions and needs. Thickness design tables and construction details are included for various roadway and recreational uses. Pavement management and rehabilitation options are also important considerations. The Design Guide is organized in eight chapters as follows: (1) The Asphalt Advantage; (2) Asphalt and Asphalt Paving Materials; (3) Design Considerations; (4) Thickness Design; (5) Parking Lot Design; (6) Designs for Recreational Uses; (7) Pavement Management; and (8) Rehabilitation. There are five appendices: (A) Pavement Failure Identification; (B) Glossary; (C) Conversion Tables; (D) Publications; and (E) Credits and References.
Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa3408 Woodland Avenue, Suite 209
West Des Moines, IA United States 50266
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Asphalt cement; Asphalt concrete; Asphalt pavements; Bikeways; Driver rehabilitation; Guides to information; Parking lots; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Pavement management systems; Paving; Recreational facilities; Thickness; Trails; Walkways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides; Thickness design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Terminals and Facilities; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00626765
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 8 1993 12:00AM