THE CURRENT STATUS OF PVS
The Personal Vehicle System (PVS) presented here was developed for the purpose of probing the feasibility of autonomous vehicle operation. For that reason, it has been designed to execute these driving functions automatically using its on-board equipment and without relying on assistance from roadside facilities. It has also been designed to operate autonomously on a complex road network. The Mechanical Social Systems Foundation commissioned Nissan and Fujitsu to undertake the development of the PVS. Performance tests have been conducted to identify problematic areas that still need to be addressed and to confirm the prospect for eal-world application of the PVS. This paper first presents a brief review of the first phase and then describes the development work and evaluation testing carried out in the second phase.
IVHS America400 Virginia Avenue, SW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20024-2730
- Taniguchi, M
- HOSAKA, A
- Oshige, K
- Surface Transportation and the Information Age. Proceedings of the IVHS America 1992 Annual Meeting, Volume I.
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Date: 1992-5-17 to 1992-5-20
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced vehicle control systems; Driving; Intelligent vehicles; Personal rapid transit; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Autonomous vehicle navigation; Personal transit
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00626010
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 8 1993 12:00AM