PAYING FOR PARKING. APPROVAL OF PARKING CONTROL EQUIPMENT AND DEVICES. A DISCUSSION DOCUMENT
The Secretary of State for Transport is responsible in England for the approval of equipment and devices used by local authorities to control parking on-street or in off-street parking places regulated by an order under the Road Traffic regulation Act 1984. This Act has been amended by the Road Traffic Regulation (Parking) Act 1986 and the Parking Act 1989 and allows for new methods for paying for parking and for recently developed systems or technologies to be properly exploited for parking control. Specifications for new equipment are given in BS 6571 : 1989, with more parts to be published. This discussion document invites reactions to a set of proposals for the future statutory approval of parking control equipment and devices.
Department for Transport, EnglandTraffic Advisory Unit, 2 Marsham Street
London, England SW1P 3EB
- Publication Date: 1990-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronics; Equipment; Parking meters; Pay parking
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 6965: Electronics; 3674: Equipment; 912: Parking meter; 933: Pay parking; 8119: United Kingdom
- Accession Number: 00630699
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jul 1 1993 12:00AM