ATTITUDES TOWARD GRAIN TRANSPORTATION AMONG GRAIN PRODUCERS
This study presents the results of a survey examining attitudes toward grain transportation among grain producers in 16 states. The following topics represent the basic questions which are treated in this research project: (1) State of nation/area; (2) Grain transportation issues; (3) Roads and bridges; (4) Railroad branch lines; (5) Railroad main lines; (6) Barge lines; (7) Local elevators; (8) Deregulation. To generate the study sample, questionnaires were distributed by Pioneer seed corn farmer dealers to approximately 99,000 grain producers (farmers).
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Incorporated1206 Mulberry Street
Des Moines, IA United States 50308
- Publication Date: 1980-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Barge lines; Farm produce; Farms; Freight traffic; Grain; Grain elevators; Questionnaires; Railroad transportation; State highways; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade
- Geographic Terms: Midwestern States
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Railroads; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00630256
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 22 1993 12:00AM