ACQUISITION AND USE OF GEOTECHNICAL INFORMATION
This report presents the results of a comprehensive review and assessment of the current practices of state highway and transportation agencies in the acquisition and use of geotechnical information in route selection, design, and construction of transportation facilities. Information is presented on such matters as planning, conducting, and presenting information from geotechnical investigations, the equipment, procedures, and selection of sampling locations for geotechnical investigations, and the structuring and positioning within the agency framework of the organization that must acquire and use geotechnical information.
- Digital Copy:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/05475570
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 33
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Construction projects; Data collection; Equipment; Geological events; Geophysical prospecting; Geophysics; Geotechnical engineering; Highway design; Information management; Information organization; Lines of track; Location; Measurement; Methodology; Planning; Road construction; Route choice; Sampling; Soil tests; State highway departments; Subsoil; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Geological conditions; Geophysical explorations; Geophysical measurements; Line location; Subsoil analysis
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00131009
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HR20-5
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM