MAKING THE LAND USE/TRANSPORTATION/AIR QUALITY CONNECTION: AN INTERIM REPORT - THE LUTRAQ ALTERNATIVE/ANALYSIS OF ALTERNATIVES
"Making the Land Use, Transportation, Air Quality Connection" (LUTRAQ) is a national demonstration project to develop methodologies for creating alternative suburban land use patterns and design standards and evaluating their impacts on: automobile dependency; mobility; air quality; energy consumption; and sense of community. Using the Western Bypass freeway around the Portland, Oregon metropolitan region as a case study, LUTRAQ has (1) identified alternative land use development patterns that reduce travel demand and increase the use of alternative travel modes, and (2) developed reliable transportation modeling procedures that forecast the travel behavior associated with these alternative land use patterns. The LUTRAQ project contains six primary tasks: (A) Analyze Current Model Limitations; (B) Analyze the Base Case; (C) Develop the LUTRAQ Alternative Package; (D) Modify the Models; (E) Test the Alternatives; and (F) Implement the LUTRAQ Alternative Package. This report contains a description of the land use, transportation and demand management elements of the LUTRAQ alternative to the proposed Western Bypass freeway, and a summary of its transportation performance. The report represents an interim summary of work performed to date. Additional work will continue throughout the Fall of 1992 and into 1993.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1992-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Alternatives analysis; Demonstration projects; Development; Forecasting; Land use; Land use models; Mathematical models; Real estate development; Transportation; Travel demand management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Patterns; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Portland (Oregon)
- Old TRIS Terms: Land use forecasting
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00629158
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 27 1993 12:00AM