TRANSPORTATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY. REPORT OF THE 21ST CENTURY TRANSPORTATION TASK FORCE. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND TECHNICAL REPORT
The New Hampshire Legislature created a task force in 1991 to study transportation in the next century. The statute established the membership of the task force and charged it with proposing three programs: a highway program, a surface mass transportation program, and a commercial air transportation program. The legislation also contained several specific requirements for these programs, most notably recommendations to correct deficiencies in the highway, transit, and aviation systems and estimates of the funding required to correct these deficiencies. This report contains the findings and recommendations of the task force, financial projections, and a technical report. The technical report provides detailed information on bridges, highways, high occupancy vehicle programs, rail, bus transit, and aviation. For each of these modes, the report describes the current system, its condition, potential future demand, detailed recommendations for the future and the financial resources needed to carry out the recommendations.
- The executive summary accompanies the technical report but is also available separately.
21st Century Transportation Task Forcec/o New Hampshire Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 483
Concord, NH United States 03302
- Publication Date: 1993-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Bridges; Committees; Finance; High occupancy vehicles; Highway transportation; Highways; Improvements; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Recommendations; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Task force
- Geographic Terms: New Hampshire
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial requirements
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00629132
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 24 1993 12:00AM