THE BICYCLE AND CITY TRAFFIC: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE
The contents of this book are presented in two parts. Part I: Principles contains the following five papers, all authored by H. McClintock: (1) The significance of the bicycle in urban transport; (2) Post-war traffic planning and special provision for the bicycle; (3) Planning for the bicycle in newer and older towns and cities; (4) Cycling and public transport; and (5) Getting the right balance in cycling policy. Part II: Practice contains the following papers: (6) Nottingham, H. McClintock, I. Chatfield and J. Cleary; (7) Cambridge, A. Wallace; (8) London, N. Lester; (9) Groningen, Netherlands, G. van Werven; (10) Odense, Denmark, H.J. Jacobsen and L. Siboni; (11) Germany, T. Bracher; and (12) The United States of America, A. Clarke. An Index is provided.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0470219289
- Published in Great Britain by Belhaven Press (a division of Pinter Publishers), 25 Floral Street, London, WC2E 9DS, United Kingdom; ISBN 1 85293 198 1 (UK). Copublished in the Americas by Halsted Press, an imprint of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated111 River Street
Hoboken, NJ United States 07030-6000
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 233 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bicycling; Cities; Highway planning; Policy; Public transit; Traffic; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Cambridge (England); Germany; Groningen (Netherlands); London (England); Nottingham (England); Odense (Denmark); United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00628989
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0470219289
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 6 1993 12:00AM