PRESENT AND FUTURE POSITION OF COAL IN STEEL TECHNOLOGY
The current and projected demand for steel, iron and energy, as well as the reserves and availability of coal in the United States and Canada are reviewed. The future position of coal in North America is investigated, this geographic area being characteristic where coal can be expected to exert a significant influence on future steel technology. The developing technologies of coal gasification and liquefaction, and their impact on future steelmaking operations are also discussed.
- Presented at the IISI 8th Annual Conference, Panel Discuss and Speeches, Munich, W. Germany, Oct. 13-16, 1974. See RRIS 20 130916.
International Iron and Steel InstitutePlace du Champ de Mars 5
Brussels B-1050, Belgium
- Smith, E J
- Hass, K P
- Presented at the IISI 8th Annual Conference, Panel Discuss and Speeches. See RRIS 20 130916.
- Location: Munich , Germany
- Date: 1974-10-13 to 1974-10-16
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 51-71
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Coal resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Steel plants; Traffic forecasting; Unit trains
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130915
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proc Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM