NATIONAL AVIATION SYSTEM PLANNING SYMPOSIUM, JULY 11-13, 1991, MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA
This document contains a summary of the National Aviation System Planning Symposium, which was held under the joint auspices of the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the National Association of State Aviation Officials, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the Transportation Research Board. The purpose of the symposium was to bring together organizations and individuals responsible for aviation system planning and to provide a forum for review of accomplishments and identification of ways in which the process could be strengthened and improved. The symposium consisted of plenary sessions featuring distinguished speakers from government and private organizations and panel discussions by experienced planners. The core of the symposium was a series of 18 workshops focused on policy questions, planning approaches and techniques, and the roles and concerns of federal, state, regional, and local agencies. The document is organized as follows: Introduction; Summary of Workshop Recommendations; Presentations; Panel Discussions; Workshop Summaries; Appendix A: Workshop Leader and Participants; and Appendix B: Participants. The presentations are as follows: Overview of Planning Projects under the Airport Improvement Program (AIP), M. Beisse; FAA Strategic Airport Planning, L.J. Kiernan; and Changes in the FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, R. Yatzeck.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport planning; Aviation; Conferences; Federal government agencies; Local government agencies; Planning; Policy analysis; Recommendations; Regional government; States; Strategic planning; Workshops
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport improvement program; Local agencies
- Old TRIS Terms: National plan of integrated airport systems; State airport system plans
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00628964
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: May 3 1993 12:00AM