DESIGN AND CONTROL OF CONCRETE MIXTURES
"Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures" has been the cement and concrete industry's primary reference on concrete technology for over 70 years. This fully revised and expanded 13th edition was written to provide a concise, current reference on concrete and to include many advances in concrete technology that have occurred since the last edition. Besides presenting much new information, the 13th edition is more "user friendly" than previous editions. Chapters 1-5 include permeability and abrasion resistance of concrete; hot, blended, and expansive cements; cement strength and compound transformation; sea-dredged aggregate, recycled concrete, thermal properties of aggregate, alkali-aggregate reactivity; and an extended discussion on the effect of various concreting practices on air content. Chapters 6-10 have new sections on slag, fly ash, silica fume, corrosion inhibitors, superplasticizers, air detrainers, mix-design procedure including a flow chart, pumps, conveyor belts, high-energy mixers, overlays, vapor barriers, jointing, and the effect of temperature on time of set. New topics in Chapters 11-15 include evaporation retarders, modulus of elasticity, Poisson's ratio, shear strain, chemical volume changes, carbonation, high- and low-temperature effects, cast-in-place test cylinders and other new quality control and investigative test procedures, and special types of concrete such as lightweight, heavyweight, high-strength, roller-compacted, porous, polymer-modified, and mass concrete. Most of the new or expanded material is accompanied by explanatory photos, tables, or graphs. A new Appendix includes frequently needed metric conversion tables and a comprehensive list of cement- and concrete-related ASTM standards. An Index is provided.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0893120871
- Thirteenth Edition. First printing, 1988; Second printing (rev.), 1990; Third printing (rev.), 1992.
Skokie, IL United States 60077
- Kosmatka, S H
- Panarese, W C
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Air entrained concrete; Cold weather construction; Concrete aggregates; Concrete construction; Concrete curing; Concrete finishing; Concrete mixing water; Concrete placing; Handling characteristics; High strength concrete; Hot weather construction; Lightweight concrete; Mass concrete; Mix design; Mixing; Polymer concrete; Porous pavements; Portland cement; Quality control; Roller compacted concrete; Standards; Volume changes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Batching; Handling
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavyweight concretes; Hot weather concreting; Quality control testing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00628933
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0893120871
- Report/Paper Numbers: EB001.13T,, 13th Edition
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 2003 12:00AM