RECOMMENDED PRACTICE: TRUCK ESCAPE RAMPS
This recommended practice for the design of truck escape ramps was prepared by ITE Technical Council Committee 5B-1. Between August 1980 and August 1981 the committee reviewed available literature, plans, and accounts of operations; agreed on guidelines to be recommended; and prepared this report and submitted it to ITE Technical Council Department 5. The report is organized as follows: (1) Background; (2) History; (3) Description of Ramps; (4) Guidelines to Determine Need; (5) Design Considerations; (6) Signing; (7) Brake Check or Mandatory Stop Areas; (8) Maintenance; (9) Costs; (10) Research; (11) References; (12) Bibliography; (13) Appendix A - Spot Speed; and (14) Appendix B - Length of Ramp.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1989
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Costs; Design; Escape lanes; Guidelines; History; Laws and legislation; Maintenance; Parking facilities; Recommendations; Research; Signs; Stopping
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake check areas; Mandatory stop areas
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; History; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Research; Terminals and Facilities; I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00628925
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Publication No. RP-021
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1993 12:00AM