SAFETY-AVAILABILITY STUDY METHODS APPLIED TO BART
The paper describes the San Franciso Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system with emphasis of its underlying safety and availability concepts. The novel characteristics of this system which differentiate it from transit systems in other locations are pointed out.
- Presented Jan 28-30, 1975.
- Welker, E L
- Buchanan, H N
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: p. 269-275
- TRT Terms: Automatic train operation; Rapid transit; Reliability; Supply
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1981 12:00AM