LARGE-TRUCK POPULATION ESTIMATES BASED ON THE 1987 TRUCK INVENTORY AND USE SURVEY
This report presents population estimates derived from the 1987 Truck Inventory and Use Survey (TIUS). The TIUS is conducted every five years by the Bureau of Census as part of the Census of Transportation. Trucks of all weight classes are randomly selected from each state's motor vehicle registration files, and owners of selected trucks respond to mailed survey forms. The owners characterize their trucks in terms of the typical configuration and use over the previous year. TIUS data may be used to calculate national population estimates of the number of trucks and their annual travel.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute2901 Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109-2150
- Massie, D L
- Publication Date: 1992-6
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Heavy duty trucks; Inventory; Surveys; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Weight
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00628193
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTRI-92-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 21 1993 12:00AM