[26~TIONSHIPS BETWEEN FUEL CONSUMPTION AND TRAFFIC FLOW VARIABLES IN URBAN ROAD NETWORKS WITH TRAFFIC SIGNALS
ZUSAMMENHAENGE ZWISHEN DEM KRAFTSTOFFVERBRAUCH UND KEENGROESSEN DES VERKEHRSABLAUFS IN INNEROERTLICHEN STRASSENNETZEN MIT LICHTSIGNALANLAGEN
The objective of this research project was to demonstrate relationships between fuel consumption and traffic-flow variables on the basis of empirical studies and to quantify the results. The measurement data and the resulting values for traffic flow were evaluated in a multiple regression analysis in relation to both course of travel and travel phases. Analysis of the measurement results shows that clear and verifiable relationships exist between fuel consumption and course of travel. The key parameters were shown to be variables defining: the average slowness or journey time; the proportion of travel with deceleration; and acceleration and acceleration work
- In German. Forschung Strassenbau und Strassenverkehrstechnik. Schriftenreihe no 565.
N/A, United States
- Steierwald, G
- Feier-Fritz, H
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Regression analysis; Traffic flow; Travel patterns; Travel time; Trip length
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00627800
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1993 12:00AM