NPSNET: AN ACCURATE LOW-COST TECHNIQUE FOR REAL-TIME DISPLAY OF TRANSIENT EVENTS: VEHICLE COLLISIONS, EXPLOSIONS AND TERRAIN MODIFICATIONS
This work concentrates on a method for real-time collision detection and how to resolve that collision when it has occurred. The results of this effort are only a small part of the overall system, NPSNET. The collision detection mechanism is integrated into the overall system to create realism involving collisions. The original NPSNET system did not contain a collision detection and response module. The collisions to be detected include explosions such as missile contact with a vehicle, one vehicle running into another such as a jeep and a tank, and terrain modifications such as an artillery round hitting the ground and creating a crater. The overall system complements the DoD large-scale networking system, SIMNET. The NPSNET system is portable and able to run on any graphics workstation that has the GL libraries.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA United States 93943
- Osborne, W D
- Publication Date: 1990-9
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Explosions; Real time control; Terrain; Transient analyzers; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modifications; Responses; Transient analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Real time operations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00627799
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1993 12:00AM