OPTIMAL ONE-WAY STREETS ASSIGNMENT IN A RECTANGULAR CITY
The one-way streets assignment is a very efficient method to solve the serious congestion problem in a big city, and it must be considered based on both the reachability and the efficiency. In the article, the authors restrict that the city is a rectangular and each street (north-south or east-west) is assigned with a definite direction all the way down, and study its optimal one-way streets assignment.
- Prepared in cooperation with Providence College, Taichung, Dept. of Applied Mathematics. Sponsored by National Science Council, Taipei, Taiwan.
Feng Chia UniversityTaichung, Taiwan
- Ai, C M
- Hao, H S
- Hu, J Y
- Teng, Y S
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic; One way streets; Rectangles; Traffic congestion; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00627793
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1993 12:00AM