ASSESSMENT OF A TRANSPORTABLE MOBILITY AID IN SEVERE DRIVING CONDITIONS: AN EXPLORATORY TEST
The Canadian Standards Association is conducting a review of standard CAN3-D409-M84, Motor Vehicles for the Transportation of Physically Disabled Persons. In conjunction with this, CSA is also developing further standards related to transportable mobility aids, called scooters, and securement systems. An exploratory test was conducted to see what forces and displacements to expect when a typical scooter and tie-down system is subjected to severe driving conditions, and what practical considerations need to be examined, if such a test should become part of a standard.
Ontario Ministry of Transportation1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario Canada M3M 1J8
- Mercer, W
- Billing, J R
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Driving; Mobility; Persons with disabilities; Scooters; Securing and joining equipment; Standards; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driving conditions
- Old TRIS Terms: Disabled drivers; Securement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00627772
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1993 12:00AM