NON-MOTORIZED VEHICLES IN ASIAN CITIES
The paper provides an overview of the current use of non-motorized vehicles (NMVs) in Asian cities, environmental and economic aspects of NMVs, the characteristics of NMVs and facilities that serve them, and policies that influence their use. The paper identifies conditions under which NMVs should be encouraged for urban transport, obstacles to the development of NMVs, and makes recommendations for action by the World Bank and other donors.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0821319639
World Bank1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20433
- Replogle, M
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Economic factors; Economics; Environmental impacts; Human powered vehicles; Nonmotorized transportation; Transportation; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Asia
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00627767
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0821319639
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 8 1993 12:00AM