PUBLIC LAW 102-508--OCTOBER 24, 1992. 102ND CONGRESS
Public Law 102-508 is an Act to increase the safety to humans and the environment from the transportation by pipeline of natural gas and hazardous liquids, and for other purposes. The Act may be cited as the "Pipeline Safety Act of 1992". Title I of the Act deals with natural gas pipeline safety. Title II deals with hazardous liquid pipeline safety. Title III covers generally applicable pipeline safety provisions. Title IV amends Chapter 1, Title 49, United States Code, to place the responsibility for administration of the provisions of this Act within the Research and Special Programs Administration. Title V contains technical amendments to the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act. Title VI contains miscellaneous provisions.
United States CongressWashington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazardous materials; Liquids; Natural gas pipelines; Pipeline safety
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Research and Special Programs Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous liquids; Hazardous materials transportation act amendments; Public law 102-508
- Subject Areas: Pipelines; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00627000
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 106 STAT. 3289-3315
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 3 1993 12:00AM