This transition series report discusses major policy, management, and program issues facing the Congress and the new administration in the area of transportation. The issues include (1) investing wisely to rebuild and enhance surface transportation infrastructure, (2) modernizing air traffic control and enhancing airports, (3) improving transportation safety, (4) increasing airline competition and access to international markets, (5) strengthening Coast Guard acquisition programs and environmental protection, and (6) consolidating financial systems and revamping grant oversight.
- This report is a GAO Transition Series report.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1992-12
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Air traffic control; Air transportation; Airports; Competition; Environmental protection; Finance; Grant aid; Highway transportation; Infrastructure; Investments; Modernization; Oversight; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation policy; Transportation safety; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; International markets; Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00626987
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GAO/OCG-93-14TR
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1993 12:00AM