TEXAS HIGHWAY OPERATIONS MANUAL. INTERIM REPORT
This document was developed for the Texas Department of Transportation to serve as a Department manual addressing highway operations. The information in the manual covers a wide range of operational issues related to the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and management of highways. Part I of the manual serves as an introduction to the manual and the concept of highway operations. Part II addresses operational considerations for project development, preliminary design, final design, and scheduled activities. Part III addresses systems management, data collection, operational analysis, incident management, control strategies, and information systems. Part IV contains the appendices, abbreviations and definitions, annotated bibliography, and index. Updates to the manual will be issued in the future. The Texas Transportation Institute should be contacted to determine the status of the updates.
- Research study title: Urban Highway Operations Research and Implementation Program. Also available as Technology Sharing Reprint DOT-T-93-09.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1992-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 338 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Data collection; Freeways; Highway capacity; Highway operations; Highway traffic control; Highways; Manuals; Traffic; Traffic incidents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Incidents; Traffic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I71: Traffic Theory; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00626766
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-92/1232-3, Res Rept 1232-3, TTI: 2-18-90/4-1232
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-18-90/4-1232
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 8 1996 12:00AM