PLASTICS FOR HOVERCRAFT
Survey of plastics components employed in various types of hovercraft with particular attention paid to use of glass fiber reinforced plastics in hovercraft structure. Reinforced plastics have provided an economic answer for the structure of the HM.2 craft and the amphibious Hovercat craft, although it is not considered to be an easy material for the designer. The use of glass reinforced plastics for many secondary structural components and small ancillary systems components will continue to increase. Plastics in their many forms have been used in considerable quantity throughout the craft. Forecast for the future.
- Papers presented at the Institution of the Rubber Industry Conference on Polymers in Transportation, February 18-19, 1969, London, England.
Polymers in Transportation ConferenceLondon, England
- Hill, P J
- Marchant, A
- Publication Date: 1969-2-18
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Plastics; Structural materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Hovercraft materials; Structural plastics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00032132
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 13-15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1974 12:00AM