AFTER SEVEN YEARS RIMOB IN PRACTICE: AN EVALUATION OF THE DUTCH IMPACT ATTENUATOR RIMOB
Since 1982 about 170 RIMOB impact attenuators have been installed on the medians and shoulders of motorways in the Netherlands. The Dutch RIMOB is an impact attenuator with crumpling tubes to absorb the collision energy. This report is an evaluation study of this type of attenuator. It is concluded that RIMOB performs satisfactorily in collisions. It is recommended that RIMOB performance data continue to be collected. Also, recommendations are made regarding installation changes.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Schoon, C C
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Crash cushions; Data collection; Facilities; Installation; Performance evaluations; Recommendations
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00626680
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-90-49, HS-041 363
- Files: HSL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 28 1993 12:00AM