INSURANCE COLLISION REPORT: INITIAL RESULTS FOR 1992 AUTOMOBILES
This report presents detailed collision coverage loss results for 1992 passenger cars during their initial exposure period -- January 1991 through February 1992. Aggregated results are presented for all 1992 passenger cars combined and by body style within car size group (small, midsize, and large). Results are also presented for each individual series with at least 1,000 insured vehicle years of exposure. Sixty-two series, out of a total of more than 300 contained in the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) data base for 1992 models, had accumulated sufficient exposure to meet the reporting threshold. Some 1992 models were introduced in the first half of calendar year 1991 (e.g., the Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis in January), while most were introduced in the fall. Results for additional vehicle series will be reported subsequently as more exposure is accumulated. Data are also presented for a comparison of the overall claim frequency, average loss payment per claim, and average loss payment per insured vehicle year for 1992 models during their initial exposure period with those of 1991 models during the same calendar period and for the corresponding period one year earlier.
Arlington, VA United States 22201
- Publication Date: 1992-6
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobile insurance; Compact automobiles; Insurance claims; Large automobiles; Liability insurance; Loss and damage claims; Losses; Midsize automobiles; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Large car; Model year 1991; Model year 1992; Small car
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I81: Accident Statistics; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00626676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: R92-1, HS-041 359
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 28 1993 12:00AM