METHOD OF MEASUREMENT FOR HIGHWAY WORKS
The Method of Measurement is intended for use for Department of Transport highway contracts based on the ICE Conditions of Contra (ISBN 0-7277-1617-4). It is based on the 6th edition of the Specifications for Highway Works and the Highway Construction Details 3rd edition. The document pro subheadings and item descriptions for all parts of the process of highway construction for use in the preparation of Bills of Quantities. Units and methods of measurement are laid down for t following areas of work: 1) Preliminaries; 2) Site clearance; 3) fencing and noise barriers; 4) Safety fences; 5) Drainage and ser ducts; 6) Earthworks; 7) Pavements; 8)-10) not taken up; 11) Kerb footways and paved areas; 12) Traffic signs and road markings; 13 Road lighting columns and brackets; 14) Electrical work for road lighting and traffic signs; 15) Motorway communications; 16) Pili and diaphragm walling; 17) Structural concrete; 18) Steelwork for structures; 19) Protection of Steelwork against corrosion; 20) Waterproofing for structures; 21) Bridge bearings; 22) Parapets; Bridge expansion joints and sealing of gaps; 25) and 26) not take 27) Accommodation works and works for statutory undertakers. This edition is updated by the Addendum issued in 1991. work has been superseded by volume 4, section 1, of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works, 1992.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/01155080
Her Majesty Stationary Office49 High Holborn
London WC1V 6HB, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracts; Federal government; Measurement; Road construction; Specifications
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00626560
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-11-55080
- Created Date: Apr 12 1996 12:00AM