DURABLE CONCRETE STRUCTURES. DESIGN GUIDE
This design guide attempts to synthesize basic technical knowledge and current engineering experience regarding durability characteristics of concrete and concrete structures, and present these in a practical guide for the design and construction engineer. In the first part of the guide, the theoretical background regarding possible deterioration processes and their governing factors is presented in terms of simplified engineering models. These models are as compatible as possible with the more complicated treatments of the same mechanisms that may be presented on the materials science level. The more directly applicable recommendations are presented in the second part. Chapter 1 is an introduction. Part I chapters are: (2) Transport mechanisms in concrete; (3) Physical processes in concrete; (4) Chemical processes in concrete; (5) Biological processes in concrete; (6) Reinforcement; and (7) Environmental aggressivity. Part II chapters are: (8) Scope of the recommendations; (9) Classification of environmental exposure; (10) Design, construction and maintenance; (11) Weathering and discolouring; (12) Measures against specific deterioration mechanisms; (13) Measures to cope with typical environments; and (14) Appraisal of concrete structures. A comprehensive treatment of heat and moisture curing is given in the Appendix.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0727716204
- This is the reissue (1992) of the Second Edition (1989).
Thomas Telford LimitedLondon, United Kingdom
Comite Euro-International du BetonCase Postale 88
CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical processes; Color; Concrete; Concrete construction; Concrete curing; Concrete structures; Countermeasures; Design; Deterioration; Durability; Engineering; Environmental impacts; Guides to information; Maintenance; Recommendations; Reinforcement (Engineering); Simulation; Theory; Weathering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Discoloration; Engineering models
- Old TRIS Terms: Biological processes; Guides; Physical processes; Pore water transport mechanisms
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00625644
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0727716204
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1993 12:00AM