ADDRESSING MODERN TRANSPORTATION CHALLENGES: CALIFORNIA'S RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A POST-INTERSTATE NATIONAL SURFACE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
This report details California's recommendations for a new federal transportation program. These recommendations were developed through consultation with state, regional and local officials and private stakeholders from California and throughout the nation. The report suggests to Congress the type of program structure and related creative approaches--many involving all levels of government--that are needed to implement these recommendations. The report is organized in three sections. Section one is an introduction. Section two, Program Structure, covers the following: Federal Highway Program; Mass Transportation Program; Privatization; Special Interest Projects; Planning; Research and Development; Air Quality and Energy; Intermodalism; Program Efficiencies; and Transportation Safety. Section three discusses federal funding. Appendices A through D contain Goals, Objectives and Performance Measures for the (A) Highway System of National Significance (HSNS); (B) FAST-Highways System; (C) Transit System of National Significance; and (D) FAST-Transit Program. Appendix E lists recommendations for program efficiencies and streamlining. Appendix F contains the HSNS Program Formula, FAST-Highways Program allocations and example allocation tables. A map of California's HSNS is provided in a pocket at the back of the report.
California Department of Transportation1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
- Publication Date: 1990-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Development; Energy; Federal aid; Finance; Financing; Intermodal transportation; Planning; Privatization; Public transit; Recommendations; Research; Transportation; Transportation safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Research and development
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Federal highway program; National surface transportation program
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00625456
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 4 1993 12:00AM