BEYOND THE GREEN BOOK: PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS TO AND SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR AASHTO POLICY ON GEOMETRIC DESIGN OF HIGHWAYS AND STREETS, AUSTIN, TEXAS, NOVEMBER 9-11, 1987
These proceedings contain the following: Part 1: Conference Overview; Part 2A: Workshop Summaries and Recommendations; Part 2B: Workshop Sessions; Part 3: Conference Papers; and Appendices. The Workshop Sessions were (1) Tools and Techniques to Reflect Operational Effects in the Design Process, (2) Methods for Incorporating Operational Effects, (3) Opportunities for Updating and Enhancing the Green Book, and (4) Geometric Design Research. Conference Papers were as follows: The AASHTO Review of the Green Book, F.D. Holzmann; Review of the 1984 AASHTO Policy (Green Book) - A Consultant's Perspective, J.P. Leisch; Reflecting Operational Effects of Geometrics Throughout the Design Process, D.W. Harwood; Driver Behavior Approach to Highway Design, R.M. Michaels; Simulation Models of Vehicle Dynamics, B.G. McHenry; Application of Expert Systems to Highway Geometric Design Decisions, G.D. Gosling; The Use of CADD Systems for Highway Design Evaluation, W.J. Wiedelman; and Economic Evaluation Models, M.J. Wolfgram.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1992-4
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Computer aided design; Conferences; Decision making; Drafting; Drivers; Economic conditions; Economic impacts; Economic models; Expert systems; Geometric design; Highway design; Improvements; Operations; Policy; Research; Simulation; Streets; Vehicle dynamics
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Street design
- Old TRIS Terms: Operational effects
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00625298
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 5 1993 12:00AM