U.S. 75 NORTH CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY RECONSTRUCTION: NORTHWEST HIGHWAY SCREEN LINE AUTOMOBILE AND TRANSIT USER PANELS, MAY 1991 SURVEY RESULTS. INTERIM REPORT
This report summarizes the results of the survey of the North Central Expressway automobile and transit panelists conducted in May 1991. The results of the survey indicate that travel patterns in the corridor have not deteriorated significantly since the start of Expressway construction south of I-635. Panelists did report a slight reduction in the frequency of use of the Expressway. In addition, panelists indicated that they were leaving home for work approximately 5 minutes earlier than they did before construction began. However, travel times reported by panelists has not increased, and total tripmaking frequency in the corridor has not changed. Other details regarding the survey analysis and results are presented herein.
- Study title: Highway Planning and Operations for District 18.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763
- Ullman, G L
- Krammes, R A
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Commuters; Data collection; Departure time; Drivers; Expressways; Freeways; Highway traffic control; Impacts; Reconstruction; Surveys; Transit riders; Transportation corridors; Travel; Travel patterns; Travel time; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway usage; Urban freeways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00625212
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-92/984-4, Res Rept 984-4, TTI: 2-18D-90/91-984
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-18D-90/91-984
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1993 12:00AM