DEVELOPMENT OF NEW TEST METHODS FOR DETERMINATION OF RELATIVE COMPACTION OF UNTREATED AND TREATED SOILS AND AGGREGATES. FINAL REPORT
This report presents new and revised test methods for relative compaction of soils and aggregates. The existing test methods and their development are reviewed. This includes a detailed discussion of the "wet" method concept and how it is used to determine relative compaction. A mathematical proof verifying the "wet" method is presented. New California Test Method (CTM) 122 and revisions to current tests, CTM 216 and CTM 231 are presented, in order to reduce redundancies in the tests and improve understanding of how they determine relative compaction. Procedures are developed to allow the use of modified Proctor compaction equipment in conjunction with the "wet" method concept as a test alternative.
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- Morris, J E
- Publication Date: 1992-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Mathematical analysis; Nuclear gages; Soil compaction test; Soil tests; Test procedures; Wet density
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Compaction tests; Relative compaction
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00625204
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CA/TL-92/08, Rept No. 65-329 642483, F90 TL65
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 26 1996 12:00AM