MODEL BRIDGE STUDY. VOLUME I: SUMMARY REPORT. FINAL REPORT
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) jointly conducted a research study at FHWA's structures laboratory entitled "Structural Modeling for Autostress by Loading Through a Precast Deck." The bridge under investigation was a two-span continuous three steel girder 0.4 scale model approximately 113 ft (34.44 m) long. The deck, consisting of transversely pretensioned panels, post-tensioned longitudinally, was composite with the steel girders. This report summarizes the research program.
- Research co-sponsored by American Iron and Steel Institute as part of AISI Project 330. See also FHWA-RD-90-066, Volume II; FHWA-RD-90-067, Volume III; FHWA-RD-90-068, Volume IV; and FHWA-RD-90-069, Volume V. Available as a set: PB93-124022.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Incorporated3100 Premier Drive, Suite 200
Irving, TX United States 75063
Federal Highway AdministrationTurner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, 6300 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Moore, M E
- Grubb, M A
- Cayes, L R
- Publication Date: 1992-7
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridges; Concrete; Girders; Prestressed concrete; Research projects; Scale models; Structural models
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests; Research programs; Steel girders
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Research; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00625080
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-90-065, NCP 3D1c-1012
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-83-C-00079
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 14 1993 12:00AM