GASOHOL: FEDERAL AGENCIES USE OF GASOHOL. STATEMENT OF VICTOR S. REZENDES BEFORE THE HONORABLE NICHOLAS MAVROULES, CHAIRMAN, SUBCOMMITTEE ON INVESTIGATIONS, HOUSE COMMITTEE ON ARMED SERVICES
This is the testimony of Victor S. Rezendes, Director, Energy Issues, Resources, Community, and Economic Development Division, General Accounting Office (GAO), on federal agencies' use of gasohol (gasoline containing 10% ethanol). Three issues are reviewed: (1) gasohol's role in federal alternative fuels policy; (2) the actual and potential consumption of gasohol by federal agencies; and (3) whether the fuels industry can supply enough gasohol to meet federal needs and if there are other impediments hindering federal agencies' use of gasohol.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1992-6-24
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Demand; Federal government agencies; Fuel consumption; Gasohol; Policy; Supply; Testimony; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Supply and demand
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Policy; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00624886
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GAO/T-RCED-92-73
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1993 12:00AM