PCA SOIL PRIMER
This booklet was prepared to furnish engineers with basic information on soil with regard to its influence on the design, construction, and performance of concrete, soil-cement, and other types of pavement. Definitions of soil terms are given and tests commonly employed by soil technicians are described, with particular emphasis on the practical meaning and application of these terms and tests. The publication is organized in six chapters: (1) Soil Terminology and Soil Identification Properties; (2) Soil Condition and Related Tests; (3) Soil Classification Systems; (4) Engineering Properties of Soils; (5) Soil Surveys and Soil Sampling; and (6) Examples of Soil Surveys, Tests, and Analyses.
Skokie, IL United States 60077
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Definitions; Geological surveying; Pavement design; Paving; Properties of materials; Sampling; Soil cement pavements; Soil tests; Soil types; Soils; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil conditions; Soil properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Soil classification systems; Soil sampling
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities; I41: General Soil Surveys; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00624830
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: EB007.05S
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 25 1993 12:00AM