SAFETY AND HUMAN FACTORS CONSIDERATIONS
This report is the result of a National Working Group on IVHS Safety and Human Factors organized to identify and describe the safety and human factors issues associated with Intelligent Vehicle-Highway Systems (IVHS). The document is divided into four areas, one for each of the areas identified by Mobility 2000: Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS), Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS), Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO), and Advanced Vehicle Control Systems (AVCS). Each section identifies the safety and human factors issues related to that specific technology. In addition, each section makes recommendations and provides directions for continuing the work necessary for the successful implementation of IVHS, since the success of IVHS rests on how well the systems are configured to provide real value to drivers in ways that are easy, safe, and satisfying.
IVHS America400 Virginia Avenue, SW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20024-2730
- Publication Date: 1992-5
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced traffic management systems; Advanced traveler information systems; Advanced vehicle control systems; Commercial vehicle operations; Human factors; Implementation; Intelligent transportation systems; Recommendations; Safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I73: Traffic Control; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00624827
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IVHS-AMER-SAFETY-92-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 24 1993 12:00AM