URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT: A GUIDE TO POLICY AND PLANNING
Freight transport is essential to modern urban civilization. No urban area could exist without a reliable freight transport system. Although the private sector is responsible for much of this system, the public sector has a vital role to play in the provision of infrastructure and the establishment of a social and legal framework within which transport can occur. For these reasons, goods movement deserves, and is increasingly receiving, explicit consideration in urban transport policy and planning. Many cities around the world have conducted studies aimed at resolving urban goods movement problems, and a considerable, if disparate, body of research results are available. This book brings together much of this knowledge and experience into a single source of information on urban freight, particularly from a public policy or planning viewpoint. It provides both a conceptual basis for urban goods movement analysis, and detailed, practical guidelines which may be used directly by those responsible for urban freight policy and planning. The book is international in scope and perspective. It is written for practicing professionals, such as engineers, economists and planners, as well as officials working in local government, urban transport planning agencies, and highway authorities.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1857420292
Ashgate Publishing Company110 Cherry Street, Suite 3-1
Burlington, VT United States 05401-3818
- Ogden, K W
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 417 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Freight transportation; Governments; Guidelines; Private enterprise; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban areas; Urban goods movement
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00624782
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1857420292
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 7 1993 12:00AM