AMPLIFICATION OF THE CATENARY NETWORK DURING PASSAGE OF UNIT TRAINS
USILENIE KONTAKTNOI SETI PRI PROPUSKE OB EDINENNYKH POEZDOV
The traffic of unit trains on electrified sections is limited above all by the heating up of the leads of the catenary suspension. The temperature of heating is defined as the sum of the temperatures of the aerial environment and the overheating of the lead caused by currents of the charge. The most difficult conditions for heating up of the leads arise with the conjunction of the maximal temperature of the surrounding environment and the minimal speed of the wind. On the basis of an analysis of the maximal temperature of the aerial environment and the minimal wind speed for a ten year period for the Trans-Siberian main line from Novosibirsk-Chelyabinsk-Moscow there was obtained an estimated air temperature in the summer period of +35 degrees C. at minimal wind speed I m./s. Dependences obtained on the basis of calculations of heat characteristics allow the choosing of optimal distances between the electrical junctions according to the criterion of the best utilization of the profile of all leads of the chain suspension. The choice of the indicated distance is carried out in coordination with the current of the hourly operating mode of the electrical trains being handled on that section.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Ts.N.I.I.T.E.I.Raushskaia Nab 4
Moscow 113035, USSR
- Portselan, A A
- Palei, D A
- Gornova, E O
- Sokolova, U A
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 1-21
- Electrification and Energy Systems
- Publisher: Ts.N.I.I.T.E.I.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Cooling; Electric power supply; Heating; Protection against environmental damage; Railroad electrification; Unit trains; Wind
- Old TRIS Terms: Cooling protection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 2(88)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM