RAILROAD TRANSPORT IN THE USSR AND ABROAD
ZHELEZNODOROZHNYI TRANSPORT V SSSR I ZA RUBEZHOM
This publication presents materials and an analysis on a series of problems on the state and development of technical equipment, organization, and technology of transportation processes and the economies or railroads in the U.S.S.R. and abroad. Also examined are the level and change of the fundamental work indices and the technical equipment of USSR railroads in 1974. This issue is prepared according to investigatory work materials completed in USSR Ministry of Railroads, and is recommended for Railroad Ministry workers in the branches and administrations for roads and other subdivisions of railroad transportation, scientific research institutes and planning organizations, the higher educational institutions, and transport subdivisions of institutions and organizations. Included is an analysis of the basic funds and utilization indices for the railroads of both the USA and USSR. The chapters are (1) Fundamental work indices of USSR railroads in 1974; (2) Organization and technology of transport work; (3) Reliability increase in the structures of basic locomotive assemblies; (4) Perfection in organization of maintenance and current repair of freight cars; (5) Track and track management; (6) Automation, remote control, and communication; (7) Freight car movement control; (8) Energy supply systems of electrified railroads; (9) Freight yards for general usage of railroad abroad; (10) Basic funds and their utilization indices on railroads in the USSR and the USA. Also included is a statistical appendix.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Cent Sci Res Inst of Info, Tech Econ Res, PropagRaushskaia Nab 4
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 256 p.
- Ts.N.I.I.T.E.I. Survey
- Issue Number: 6
- Publisher: Cent Sci Res Inst of Info, Tech Econ Res, Propag
- TRT Terms: Automation; Classification yards; Communications; Economics; Forecasting; Locomotives; Planning; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Statistical analysis
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130192
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM