PROGRESSIVE MAINTENANCE METHODS AND EQUIPMENT RELIABILITY EVALUATION OF THE TRACTIVE SUBSTATIONS. CURRENT HARMONIC LIMITATION IS PARALLEL COMPENSATION SYSTEMS FROM THE BOOKLET ELECTRIFICATION AND ENERGY SYSTEMS NO. 5 (85)
PROGRESSIVNYE METODY OBSLUZHIVANIIA I OTSENKA NADEZHNOSTI OBORUDOVANIIA TIAGOVYKH PODSTANTISII OGRANICHENIE GARMONIK B USTROISTAKH PARALLELNOI KOMPENSATSII - ELEKTRIFIKATSIIA I ENERGETICHESKOE KHOZIAISTVO NO. 5 (85)
This issue expounds upon the experimental research on the energy-feeding section relative to maintenance methods of th tractive substations carried out by the operational maintenance personnel; maintenance organization of the tractive substations is done by means of interconnecting and complex methods. In addition, the experimental work carried out on the Kranolimarsk energy feeding section of the Donec road according to standardized instructions is summarized. An estimate of the reliabiity of the tractive substation network is given, and methods for limiting the harmonic curve of the current of the parallel compensation mechanisms are enumerated. An objective analysis of the functional components of the tractive substation system is given. Special attention is paid to an evaluation of the feeder contact breaker operations. The operation of the parallel capacitance compensation mechanisms with aproximately 150 hertz frequency tuning in the presence of the third harmonic curve under an external energy supply system current is described. Finally, the study reveals methods employed upon the Gor'kovskii road for the definition of the frequency tuning of parallel capacitance compensation mechanisms being utilized in the presence of certain useful power and parameter conditions of the third harmonic tension curve.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Ts.N.I.I.T.E.I.Raushskaia Nab 4
Moscow 113035, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- Electrification and Energy Systems
- Publisher: Ts.N.I.I.T.E.I.
- TRT Terms: Capacitors; Circuit breakers; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Harmonics; Maintenance practices; Power factor (Electricity); Railroad electrification; Reliability; Short circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Power factor
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM