HA'PENNY BRIDGE IN DUBLIN

A cast-iron arched footbridge with a single span of 43 m was erected across the River Liffey in Dublin in 1816. The formal name of the bridge is now Liffey Bridge, but it has always been known as the Ha'penny Bridge. The paper describes the site of the bridge and features of its design and construction, and follows its history up to the present day. Analysis of the structure is not offered. (Author/TRRL)

  • Availability:
  • Corporate Authors:

    Institution of Structural Engineers

    11 Upper Belgrave Street
    London,   United Kingdom  SW1X 8BH
  • Authors:
    • De COURCY, J W
  • Publication Date: 1991-2-5

Language

  • English

Media Info

  • Features: References;
  • Pagination: p. 44-7
  • Serial:
    • Structural Engineer
    • Volume: 69
    • Issue Number: 3
    • Publisher: Institution of Structural Engineers
    • ISSN: 1466-5123

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 00623951
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
  • Files: ITRD, TRIS
  • Created Date: Jul 31 1992 12:00AM