EFFECTS OF STUDDED TIRES
This report presents a comprehensive review of the current state of knowledge regarding the use and effects of studded tires. Information is presented on all facets of the studded tire-pavement system. An effort is made to present all of the known facts about studded tires, and to point out the areas of inadequate or missing information. A few conclusions are offered where adequate support seems to make this justified.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/05475570
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1975
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 32
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Defects; Pavement distress; Pavements; Rolling contact; State of the art studies; Studded tires
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00129965
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: 20-5, Topic 5-13
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM