LIABILITY OF THE STATE FOR INJURY-PRODUCING DEFECTS IN HIGHWAY SURFACE: SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL
This supplementary material contains additional information referenced to topic headings in the original paper and new topic headings that relate to matters not discussed in the original paper. Among the previous topic headings are: Introduction; Necessity to Prove Proximate Cause; Necessity to Prove Actual or Constructive Notice (sub-headings: Cases Holding Notice Received; and Cases Holding Notice Not Received); Liability Under "Highway Defect" Statutes; Contributory Negligence (sub-headings: Contributory Negligence Held Bar to Recovery; Contributory Negligence Held Not Bar to Recovery; and Comparative Negligence); and Conclusion. New topic headings are: Effect of Provisions of Maintenance Manual; Financial Feasibility Test; Evidentiary Matters; Liability in Cases of Concurrent Jurisdiction; and Discretionary Immunity.
- Digital Copy:
- Page range: 1966-N54-S1 through 1966-N54-S14.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Vance, J C
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Selected Studies in Highway Law
- Volume: 4
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Defects; Evidence; Highway law; Highways; Immunity (Law); Injuries; Laws; Liability; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Manuals; Negligence; Potholes (Pavements); States; Surface course (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs; Notification; Proximate cause
- Old TRIS Terms: Concurrent jurisdiction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I10: Economics and Administration; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00621564
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Addendum 5
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Apr 30 1992 12:00AM