LIABILITY OF STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS FOR SNOW AND ICE CONTROL: SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL
This supplementary material contains additional information referenced to the topic "Introduction" in the original paper and new topic headings that relate to matters not discussed in the original paper. New topic headings are: Duty of Reasonable Care as Applying to Particular Fact Situations (sub-headings: Preferential Icing on Bridges; Icing Due to Tree Shelterbelt; "Spot Sanding" of Roads; Mounding of Snow Against Guardrails; Operation of Snowplow; Artificial Conditions Causing Recurrent Icing; Private Vehicle Parked on Snow Covered Road Shoulder; Effect of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices; and Duty of Care in Respect to Gravel Roads); Duty of State to Warn of or Take Remedial Action with Respect to Known Dangerous Conditions; "Highway Defect" Statutes; Construction of Particular Statutes Affecting Duty in Respect to Snow and Ice Control; Requirement of Written Notice; Liability of Police Department with Respect to Reporting Snow and Ice Conditions; Immunity for Snow Removal on Grounds of Policy; Effect of State Tort Claims Acts on Duty of Snow and Ice Control; Miscellaneous; and Conclusion.
- Digital Copy:
- Page range: 1888-S7 through 1888-S23.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Vance, J C
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Pagination: 17 p.
- Selected Studies in Highway Law
- Volume: 4
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Case studies; Gravel roads; Guardrails; Highway law; Highways; Icing; Laws; Liability; Local government; Negligence; Parking; Police; Public policy; Reports; Sanding; Snow and ice control; Snowplows; State government; Trees
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parked vehicles; Reporting; Shading
- Old TRIS Terms: Preferential icing; Spot sanding; Tort claims acts
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Policy; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00621562
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Addendum 5
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Apr 30 1992 12:00AM