PERSONAL LIABILITY OF STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES: SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL
This supplementary material contains additional information referenced to the heading "Introduction" in the original paper and new topic headings that relate to matters not discussed in the original paper. New topic headings are: Removal of Obstructions from Roadway as Discretionary Activity; Repair of Potholes and Like Defects as Discretionary Activity; Decision-Making with Respect to Installation of Signing as Discretionary Activity; Immunity as Determined by Policy Considerations; Immunity of Public Officials as Derivative from Immunity of State; Effect of State Constitutional Provision Incorporating the Doctrine of Sovereign Immunity; and Failure to Cut Vegetation Obscuring Signing. An appendix presents recent statutory developments that are to be incorporated and read into the chart entitled "State Statutes Pertaining to Liability and Defense of Public Officials and Employees" appearing in the appendix on pages 1868-S5 through 1868-S9.
- Digital Copy:
- Page range: 1868-S11 through 1868-S21.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Vance, J C
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Selected Studies in Highway Law
- Volume: 4
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Immunity (Law); Legislation; Liability; Obstructions (Navigation); Personnel; Potholes (Pavements); Public policy; Repairing; Sovereign immunity; State departments of transportation; States; Traffic signs; Vegetation; Visibility
- Uncontrolled Terms: Removal; Repairs
- Old TRIS Terms: Discretionary activities; Obstruction
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Policy; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00621560
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Addendum 5
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Apr 30 1992 12:00AM