THE APPLICATION OF NEPA TO FEDERAL HIGHWAY PROJECTS
This report reviews the application of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) to federal highway programs. The first part of the report considers when an impact statement is required on actions in the federal highway program. The second part considers when actions in the federal highway program are major and when they have significant impacts that are covered by NEPA. The third part considers the scope of impact statements, and the final part considers the adequacy of impact statements prepared for federal highway programs.
- Digital Copy:
- Page range: 1770-N1 through 1770-N42.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Mandelker, D R
- Feder, G
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Pagination: 42 p.
- Selected Studies in Highway Law
- Volume: 4
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Environmental impact statements; Federal aid highways; Specifications
- Identifier Terms: National Environmental Policy Act of 1969
- Uncontrolled Terms: Content; Requirement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00621558
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Addendum 5
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Apr 30 1992 12:00AM